Astro Imager PLUS
Greg Walton's Book about ANYTHING and
EVERYTHING - His journey to becoming an Astrophotographer.
Close to including the meaning of life, this
PDF encloses the life experience of Greg and his journey
down Astronomy Lane.
"When I work something out I have
to write it all down, or else I won't remember it for next
time. So this way anyone else can now benefit for this
To get a copy of Greg's work,
Click Here [pdf file 18mb]
Index for Astro Book V1:
This is a beginner’s guide to Astrophotography and more.
How to use a DSLR for Astrophotography.
How to use the DSLR camera with a telescope Part 1.
How to use the DSLR camera with a telescope part 2.
Finding the South Pole constellation Octans.
To stack or not to stack.
Stacking Jpegs with Deep Sky Stacker.
Editing your stacked images before saving them with DSS.
10. Help and Hints for Deep Sky Stacker.
11. Make a Video from Jpegs.
12. Make your Video, Pictures and Audio files smaller with
13. Editing photos with Actions and Batching in Photoshop,
14. Editing photos with Actions and Batching in Photoshop,
15. T-Ring adaptor.
16. Having trouble getting into focus? Adaptors.
17. My favourite Lens.
18. How wide is my lens?
20. F Ratio or Speed want could this mean?
21. Aperture Rules.
22. F Ratio chart
23. Exposure Time over Telescope
24. Painting the foreground.
25. What’s gone wrong this time? Part 1
26. What’s gone wrong this time? Part 2
27. What’s gone wrong this time? Part 3
28. Interesting phenomena.
30. How can we bring the moon closer?
31. Ice rings around the moon
32. Lunar eclipses.
33. Taking photos of the Sun.
34. Solar Eclipse.
35. Taking photos of the sun with a DSLR and a PST.
36. The elusive Aurora.
37. Aurora part 2
38. Comet hunting.
39. Comet Mc Naught.
40. Star trails with film.
41. Star trails with the DSLR.
43. Home made digital timer for Pentax K-x
45. Camera glass dome.
46. Drawing the Planets.
47. The Barn door mounts. Part 1
48. The Barn door mounts. Part 2
49. The Barn door mounts. Part 3 the Dingaling tracker.
50. The Barn door mounts. Part 4 the Kitchen timer tracker.
51. Most Popular objects
52. Location in Victoria, MPAS and Eyepiece magnification
53. How to use a camera lens as an Eyepiece?
54. Using the Televue Coma corrector.
55. Sky Drover 18” Dobsonian Telescope. Part 1
56. Sky Drover 18” Dobsonian Telescope. Part 2
67. Sky Dancer 21” Dobsonian Telescope. Part 1
58. Sky Dancer 21” Dobsonian Telescope. Part 2
59. Sky Venture 18” Fork mount equatorial telescope.
60. Sky Transformer.
61. The Field trips and a List of things to take.
62. Video imaging part 1.
63. Video imaging part 2.
64. Video imaging part 3.
65. How to fitting a focal reduce field flattener and DSLR
to an ED80.
66. Travel scope made from a camera lens.
68. Filters slider.
70. Which telescope should I buy?
Greg hopes you enjoy his notes and stories...
Astro-Book is a work in
progress; which I am continually up dating. All photos by
The contents of this document can be copied and distributed